pagead2.googlesyndication.com pagead2.googlesyndication.com

STUDENT EATS INSECTS TO FEND OFF HEART DISEASE

A student from Blackburn in England has admitted to eating thousands of insects in a bid to prevent high cholesterol and heart disease.
A student from Blackburn in England has admitted to eating thousands of insects in a bid to prevent high cholesterol and heart disease.
Peter Bickerton has admitted to eating tens of thousands of insects in a bid to keep his heart healthy, and says he's probably eaten more than 10,000 crickets, 5,000 locusts and 1,000 wax worms.
The 24-year-old's daily diet consists of meals such as freeze-dried locust oatmeal for breakfast, cricket sandwiches for lunch and wax worm tacos for his dinner.
Mr Bickerton - who lives in Blackburn in north-west England - thinks that eating insects is the most effective way of lowering the risk of high cholesterol and other heart problems.
He said: "It all started when my uncle died of a heart attack at the young age of 45 ... We all had our cholesterol levels tested and my mum and each of her seven siblings were diagnosed with dangerously high levels of cholesterol.
"Their diagnosis really jolted me. I was still young and I knew that I had to act now to avoid suffering the same fate as the rest of my family."

0 comments:

Post a Comment